I don’t usually do that, but Kerjen asked me a big question that needed a huge answer. I put it under a read more because it’s pretty long. I wrote this as an answer to her, but feel free to complete and correct me and give your own opinion if you want to.
In which I talked about the Silence, the Doctor’s death and fixed points in time.
holy shit. I think i’ve understood like 50%. So my input isn’t gonna be helpful at all. I think that the Silence has a limited knowledge, despite what they/we think. They probably - i think - don’t know the time line of the doctor very well, which makes sense because unless they have photographs of his regenerations, they can’t know when stuff is going to happen/happened in his time line. (Well, they obviously know more about his future than he does.) So I think Berlin was a precaution, if they could have kill him before his time it would have been fine. If they had missed him then they had to try again. I think that basically, once they have Melody, the woman who kills the doctor, the Silence wants to kill the doctor at every possible occasion. because time CAN be rewritten, and there is cleary a possibility to cheat even the fixed points. so that’s my opinion. But my actual real opinion is this : we’re seriously overthinking this. ;) I don’t think Moffat’s plan went that far. Berlin had to happen because Melody had to become River. and that’s it.
I want to talk more about the ‘silence will fall’ stuff. Dorium says in twors that the real translation is ‘silence MUST fall’. We all assumed that ‘silence will fall’ was something the silence wanted to avoid, but actually they DO want it to happen. As long as the doctor is alive the silence is threatened. Not the Silence as the religious order, just the silence. The doctor can answer the question and since his name is apparently important but we don’t know why skjdflcvbh, bad things could happen. Basically, the doctor must shut the fuck up when the question will be asked. Otherwise who knows what’s gonna happpen. The Silence WANTS the silence to fall. They want the universe to stay silent when the question is asked. It’s not their fall. I’m not even sure that THEY are those who would be in trouble if the question is answered. I mean, they want to stop it, yes, but they are not the only ‘people’ who are/have been/will be/could be victims of whatever the doctor is going to do/dic/etc. I mean, that’s the reason why several species have formed an alliance Yeah. ‘Silence will fall’ is an optimistic translation of ‘please please please silence needs to fall pleaaaase’. the main question stands. WHY. what is so important about the doctor’s name that he or anyone else must not say it.
Disc One - We Are Man And Wife
- Drops of Jupiter - Train
- I Follow Rivers - Lykke Li
- Superhuman Touch - Athlete
- Crazy Love - Emiliana Torrini
- Oh My Stars - Andrew Belle
- We Are Man And Wife - Michelle Featherstone & Josh Kelley
- Falling In Love - Ben Rector
- The Banjolin Song - Mumford & Sons
- With You - Nathalie Walker
- The Boat - Benjamin Francis Leftwish
- I Will Show You Love - Kendall Payne
- Invincible - Muse
- Bonus Track
Disc Two - Let’s Seal It With A Kiss
- Book Of Love - Peter Gabriel
- Across The Universe - The Beatles
- The Miracle Of Love - Eurythmics
- Can’t Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley
- For Your Love - Stevie Wonder
- It Was Written In The Stars - Glenn Miller
- I’ll Never Stop Loving You - Doris Day
- Woman - John Lennon
- Be My Wife - David Bowie
- Something’s Gotta Give - Fred Astaire
- Forever And Ever - Perry Como
- Bonus Track 1
- Bonus Track 2
Thanks sweetie =)
5. A habit you find disgusting : nail biting maybe. I used to do it but I don’t do it anymore. I can’t stand when people do it around me, especially when they’re nearly bleeding =S
10. A sport you don’t like, for whatever reason : ALL THE SPORTS. No, jk. ;) Uuuuh athletics. I don’t understand how people can watch it on television for hours. I’m bored after 30 seconds.
Sooooo I think I’ve found a good theme. I haven’t done it myself obviously, the credits are somewhere on the page. I just made the little pictures ;)
…AND THE LIIIIIIIINKS. FINALLY. IT FEELS SO GOOD.