Time to say goodbye… But before that, a little review. =D
It. was. PERFECT. Honestly, when I was watching it, I wasn’t completely satisfied, but now that I had the time to think about it, it was the best way to end the show.
Let’s see if I was right about my hypotheses…
1. Lois & Clark almost get married, as I imagined. It was easy to guess that. ;)
2. Clark didn’t lose his powers, I was wrong =( Well, it would have make a lot of things to deal with if he had lost his powers.
3. Lex and Clark met at the middle of the episode (EPIC confrontation), so I was wrong again.
4. I WAS RIGHT. I knew it! Lex killed Tess. It was really a sad moment, but it had to finish like that… =’( Plus if nobody had died, it would have been strange. Well, the villains died, but one good person had to die too. It was Tess or Chloe, no other choices. She had her redemption, her quest was over, so I think it’s a great end for her. I mean, she’s dead, it’s not great of course, but it was heroic.
5. Compleeeetely wrong about Chloe ;) The child is hers (and Ollie’s too, probably…)
6. Compleeeeeetely wrong too. No, not completely actually. Because we don’t see Oliver in the future. And I think this is BRILLIANT. Probably the most brilliant part of the episode. We are not sure of anything. We can imagine that Chloe and Ollie have an happily ever after and live peacefuly with their children. But we can also imagine that they’re not together anymore. Chloe has a very sad look before closing the door… And we know that Green Arrow is supposed to be with Black Canary. So, the two possibilities are open, and the fans have to decide the option they want, or just enjoy the mistery. Seriously, isn’t that smart? They closed the story of Chloe perfectly, better than everything I could have imagined.
7. HE FLIIIEEED !!!! I LOVE YOU EVERYBODY FOR MAKING THIS. It was my biggest hope and my biggest fear. But OMG it was awesome. When he realized he was actually floating and then looked at his arm… zkighmqlsfjghnlsdf, it was epiiiic.
8. NO alternate universe AT ALL… And I’m really glad I was wrong because I didn’t like the idea. For me this storyline was over and I’m happy the writers thought the same. I just didn’t see other explanations, but finally there was an other explanation for all the mysteries.
9. I was right. And it was perfect that way. I know a lot of people are disappointed because we didn’t really see Tom in the suit but we must remember that the show is SMALLVILLE, it’s about Clark BEFORE he became Superman, and we are lucky I think to have had 10 minutes of Superman. And seriously, Superman’s suit is ridiculous ;) I don’t think I would have like to see Tom in it. Plus, he actually WEARS it at the end, we can see it in relief through his shirt.
Now, just a few disordered thoughts.
THE VOWS. So romantic. What I love with Clark and Lois is that they are often close to the soap, but they never cross the line. It’s very “tears and violons”, but never laughable. The scene when they talk through the door was beautiful, and the wedding of course…. amazing.
THE PLANE. Such a f*cking good idea. I don’t know how I could possibly didn’t think of that. Lois + plane = Superman rescuing. It was perfect. PERFECT meeting between Lois and SUPERMAN. And perfect Lois becoming Miss Lane, reporter.
THE HUG between Clark and Chloe. Lovely. Strong and moving. She is the only character who stayed in the show as long as Clark himself, so they deserved a proper goodbye scene. Perfect. It wasn’t focus on Chloe, but on Chloe and Clark, on their unbreakable friendship.
Seing Johnatan and Martha. Well, they’ve never been my favorite characters but it was good to have them back, they are important to Clark.
Clark and Lois working making researchs at the Daily Planet. SOOO Superman =D
Lex vs. Clark : EPIC. The annoucment of their common future was perfect. So teasing!! So exciting!! Tess making Lex loose his memories was a brilliant idea by the way. And seeing Lew watching through the window of his building was PERFECT.
Clark vs. Darseid. Short, but who cares? What matters is Clark finally flying. All the flashes were moving, it was maybe a little bit long, but well, there was 10 seasons to sum up ;)
And finally… SUPERMAN. The only thing missing is Lois giving the name Superman to Clark. When she took the camera, I thought she was about to say it, but the president interrupted her, argh. But beside that, everything was epic. It was Superman.
My favorite scene is Clark flying off of the fortress. Come ooooon, it was PERFEEEEEEECT. So epic. And this look on his gorgeous face. AAAAAAH !!! <3 With the suit and his right arm raised, it was amaziiiiiing.
And the last scene, OMFG. The slow motion (very slow motion ;) ), the music, Clark ripping his shirt. I died. And by chance it was the end of the episode =D
So, well, one word to describe this episode : PERFECT. “Smallville” + “Superman”. We couldn’t have a better end… and a better beginning. <3
Tomorrow : I will probably get crazy while waiting for the french subtitles. If I’m lucky, I will find them for the evening and watch the episode then. Which means that I won’t be able to think of anything but this during at least one hour if it’s not too much epic.
Tomorrow night : Smallville finale.
Saturday : Can’t even imagine. The same but like ten thousand times bigger. I won’t be able to think, to eat, to do anything but wait and going insane. Plus, I will still think of Vampire Diaries finale which means that my head will be near to the explosion. Too much excitement.
Sunday : Depression. And probably a crazy desire to make a video.
The problem is that TUESDAY I have a big big big exam, like very big, which will decide for what my life will be next year. It’s for a journalism school and I have to know what happened in the world for the last six months, and now I still have to read the april and may newspapers. I know I won’t succeed because I’m a huge procrastinator, I haven’t work for the entire year, and even now, I prefer doing nothing than work. That’s who I am…
DESTINY IS AGAINST ME. It’s a conspiracy. WHY these shows have to end 3 days before my exam?!??!? It’s not just watching at them, because it doesn’t take a lot of time. It’s about me being obsessed and unable to work. My brain can’t focus on Libya, Fukushima and Bin Ladin when I know that the end of Smallville is coming.
There is on thing in my head right now : Smallville Finale. Seriously, I haven’t been so excited about something since the end of LOST. But I’m not only excited. I’m feeling like a part of my life will be gone soon =( Anyway, I guess I’ll post something else AFTER the episode.
This is just for my ideas about what’s gonna happen in the finale.
1. Clark & Lois are getting married. At least, they will be close to. Yeah because I have the feeling that Darkseid could interrupt the party…But from what I’ve seen in the promo, there will be a kiss that really looks like the wedding kiss in the comic, with Clark wearing his glasses, and plus it seems it’s in the Daily Planet too.
2. In the promo we can clearly see Dark Ollie with a ring of gold kryptonite, I guess he is Clark’s best man, so he has definitely the opportunity to make his move. I think Clark will really lose his powers. But he will have them back of course, in some way.
3. Lex will be back as we have seen it. I think he won’t interact with Clark before the very end of the episode, but maybe I’m wrong. Some say that he could help Clark defeating Darkseid and then become the freaking supervillain he is. Wait and see, I can’t really imagine what’s gonna happen with Lex, except…
4. I think Lex is gonna kill Tess. I don’t know why but he will. Or maybe the granny will. Anyway, Tess will die. What other end could she have? I can’t imagine the future with her being Lex’s slave again, not now. But we know she’s not in the Justice League or anything like that. I really think she’s going to die. It seems logical to me.
5. Chloe is not going to die but I think she will have to leave. I always thought she’ll die one day, but with what we can see in the promo it’s clear that she will have a place in the future. My idea is that she could have to sacrifice herself to save Oliver or Clark (or both), something that means she could never see them again, something that will send her in a very far future where she’ll read a comic book to a child… Her child? It’s possible that she is pregnant and so her baby will be born in the future. Or a descendant of Clark maybe…
6. Anyway, she can’t stay and she won’t end up with Oliver. Green Arrow is supposed to be with Black Canary, they are a very famous couple, the writers can’t just make as if it wasn’t supposed to happen. Of course it won’t happen in the episode, but Oliver and Chloe won’t be together at the end. I hope so at least. I love them, I really do, but their relationship has necessarily to come to an end.
7. Clark will fly. HE’D BETTER FLY. There could be many reasons… Going to the other planet? Save Lois? It could be epic is he started to fly at a moment he would realize that he’s about to lost Lois, that he doesn’t have the time to come back early enough to save her, so he will just have no choice but fly. And catch her because someone will have push her from the rooftop of the Daily Planet ;)
8. I think we will see the alternate universe again. That could explain Johnatan’s presence by exemple. There’s a lot of things in the promo that can’t have any better explanation. Or maybe Clark will have some hallucinations like he had in Lazarus.
9. The suit is the thing that worries me the much. tom Welling always said that he didn’t want to wear it. I’m not sure he actually changed his mind… I will take in the fortress but I’m not sure he will wear it, at least we won’t see him standing with it and say something like “it’s a job for superman”. I think we will see Superman in the sky, something like that, but not close enough to see distinctly Tom in the suit.
WELL. These are my assumptions. Just 3 days and I’ll know if I was right or completely wrong! ;)
This is my channel! You can find videos about many fandoms, mostly TV shows. It’s a hobby, I don’t know exactly why I make these videos, but I enjoy it, and my biggest hope is that people enjoy them too when they watch it!
"You know what they say, there is a beginning for everything." Eleven
Well. I created this tumblr to share the videos I make on Youtube. I don’t know how it works, I don’t even know what this is exactly, but I’ll learn. I guess there must be a box to describe ourselves somewheeere, I’ll try to find it. Just so you know, I’m french and no people on earth speak english as bad as a french person. That’s not a legend.